new posts
UER Store
location db
db map
terms of service
privacy policy

UER Forum > UE Encyclopedia > Infall (Drain) (Viewed 5577 times)
Entry: Infall (Drain)
originally posted by Sinister Crayon

[last edit 11/24/2007 7:03 AM by everybodyknows - edited 4 times]

An infall is the opposite of an outfall. An outfall is where water leaves the drain, whereas an infall is where the water enters the drain. infalls are usaully smaller than outfalls because other pipes join the drain as it progresses towards the outfall. Infalls are usually covered with grates to keep junk from floating in and clogging the tunnel.

For those interested in technical proficiency, these are more often referred to as inlets.

Here is an interesting infall:

Picture taken by Sniper, All rights reserved.
Modify this entry  | Remove this entry
UER Forum > UE Encyclopedia > Infall (Drain) (Viewed 5577 times)

Add a poll to this thread

This thread is in a public category, and can't be made private.

All content and images copyright 2002-2021 UER.CA and respective creators. Graphical Design by Crossfire.
To contact webmaster, or click to email with problems or other questions about this site: UER CONTACT
View Terms of Service | View Privacy Policy | Server colocation provided by Beanfield
This page was generated for you in 93 milliseconds. Since June 23, 2002, a total of 658431285 pages have been generated.